Bosshardt Realty Services has been a proud supporter of PALS (Partners in Adolescent Lifestyle Support) for the past ten years. Each year the Bosshardt family of companies works to raising revenue to help sustain the PALS program. To date, our support has raised over $234,000. We added the PALS Party as an event three years ago and we are excited to be working on the 2012 event.
We hope you will join with us in support of the PALS program at the PALS Party at Rockeys Dueling Piano Bar on Tuesday, September 18, 2012. Sing along with the top piano entertainers from across the United States while enjoying hors d’oeuvres provided by Joe’s Place. Visit www.pals-party.com for updated party information and to purchase advance tickets.
We invite you to support this cause and make this valuable event a success by donating an item, gift certificate or service for the silent auction. Your contribution will be sincerely appreciated. Last year we raised more than $10,000 thanks to the generous contributions of many individuals and businesses throughout our community. To become a partner on our team, please complete the enclosed form and return it in the envelope provided for your convenience. Don’t miss out – become a PALS partner today!
The PALS program is a unique effort that currently provides needed teen counseling in all public high schools in Gainesville, Ft. Clarke Middle school, and A. Quinn Jones Center. The PALS program supplies licensed child psychiatrists, psychologists, mental health counselors and peer leaders to teach students how to help their peers deal with such issues as violence, drug abuse, low self-esteem and diversity. Here are some of the highlights of the success of the PALS program:
- 75% of peer mentors trained in the PALS mentoring program have mentored teens in the value of rejecting substance abuse utilizing techniques from their training.
- Over 75% of teens surveyed stated PALS made a positive difference in their life.
- Over 80% of youth indicate that violence is an unacceptable solution after the PALS anti-violence training.
- Over 70% of youth stated that PALS changed their behavior and attitude toward substance abuse, making them less likely
to abuse substances.
- PALS is established in all public high schools in Gainesville, Ft. Clarke Middle school, and A. Quinn Jones Center.
Our goal is to place a PALS program in every Alachua County School, and we think you’ll agree that every child deserves a school that is inclusive, free of violence and simply a safe place to learn. With your help we can continue to grow this valuable program and add another school to our list next year and help more kids.
Proceeds raised from the PALS party will be generated from ticket sales and silent auction donations. Please consider attending this event or donating an item. For more information, please feel free to contact me at 352-240-9105
PALS Party coordinator